Summary: Responsible for assisting in the overall set‑up and operation of welding machines and equipment by performing the following duties:
Selects the welding wire and tooling according to Routers and welding procedures.
- Cleans parts to remove contamination before welding.
- Moves material with appropriate equipment throughout the work area as needed.
- Changes welding wire or any other tooling to maintain quality and production standards.
- Assists management with recommending tool needs.
- Completes standard Weld Maps for each job.
- Performs the Heat Stress operation and maintains documents and records in accordance with WRK/PWHT-01 and/or WRK/SR-01.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Sets up and operates all phases of welding applications.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Operates shop equipment and machinery in accordance with safety requirements.
- Reports problems or discrepancies to management.
- Conforms to Veracity Machine’s safety policies and shop safety rules.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Technical Communication
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Reading Skills
- Time Management
- Blue Print Reading
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Prior welding experience needed.
- Prior Inconel experience helpful.