Major Operators Save $40 Million+ on Deepwater Exploration Wells
Landing String Solutions, LLC
Two Successful Implementations of Patented Landing String Buoyancy System Give New Options to Oil Companies
Groundbreaking but simple landing string buoyancy technology provides a new option for drillers and operators to enhance the rig’s hoisting capacity by up to 20%. This allows for longer casing runs, can eliminate tiebacks, results in larger wellbore designs, and enhances performance of rigs drilling in ultra-deepwater.
The technology is based on Archimedes’ principle and utilizes Trelleborg syntactic foam modules installed onto casing landing strings to produce upthrust. Custom designed non-metallic clamps are used to eliminate the concern for metal fasteners in the wellbore. The buoyancy system is assembled offline onshore, loaded in purpose-built baskets then shipped to the rig.
- Up to 450,000 lbs. of weight reduction in the landing string depending on mud weight and water depth;
- The lower hook load reduces and possibly eliminates slip crushing;
- Provides additional safe working margin versus maximum allowable rig load limits;
- Enhance drilling rig capability to simplify complex well designs;
- Potential elimination of casing strings, liners and tiebacks allows for larger diameter completion design;
- Can be deployed in open water;
- $40 Million+ cost savings for fewer casing strings and/or tiebacks resulting in reduced rig days;
- Global availability.
Six available run slots for 2019 and one standby run slot available in 2018. For more information please contact Chris von Eberstein via email at email@example.com or telephone at 844-522-7900.
Landing String Solutions stands as an elite firm with ready solutions for today’s complex energy market. Its affiliated companies are ExPert E & P Consultants, LLC, ExPert Riser Solutions, LLC, ExPert Oil & Gas, LLC, and Veracity Machine, LLC.